Intensive Course In Ashtanga Ayurveda
Dates of commencement of the course 2013 - 2015:
30. Sep. 2013 – 09. Nov. 2013
11. Nov. 2013 – 21. Dec. 2013
23. Dec. 2013 – 01. Feb. 2014
03. Feb. 2014 – 15. Mar. 2014
17. Mar. 2014 – 26. Apr. 2014
01. Sep. 2014 – 11. Okt. 2014
13. Okt. 2014 – 22. Nov. 2014
24. Nov. 2014 – 03. Jan. 2015
Highlights of the course:
- Twelve weeks syllabus compacted in six weeks time
- 5 hours intensive study every day compared to the regular 3 and half hours per day.
- Students will receive 180 hours of professional training in Ayurveda-Inclusive of 90 hours of practical training.
- Inhouse boarding and all three meals facility. It is mandatory for the course student to avail accomodation and meals at the institute.
- Teaching through power-point presentations, practical lessons on live dummy
- Accommodation: Single room (Attached toilet/Bath/Hot shower/Fan).
- Center provides: with toiletry, bed linen, and towels along with mosquito net for the bed and bottled drinking water.
- Venue: Calangute Center, Goa, India.
Eligibility for the course:
- An individual who would like to enhance the knowledge of holistic health practice.
- An individual who would like to incorporate the ayurvedic health service in one's regular healing procedure/practice.
- An individual who would like to set up a new ayurvedic centre.
- An individual who would like to learn the wonders of the herbs.
- An individual who would like to learn the in and outs of Indian Art of healing.
- An individual who would like to master the art of constitutional analysis of the human body type.
Gains at the end of the course:
- Certification at the end of successful completion of the course.
- The 6 weeks course is a comprehensive programme of learning which provides the learner with the opportunity to acquire health assessment and diagnostic skills of tri-dosha (vata/ pitta/ kapha) type, knowledge of treatments and an ability to appraise their effectiveness in maintaining the health and well being of the individual.
- The learner will emerge from this programme with an understanding of the scope of their knowledge and skills, and a commitment to taking continued responsibility for self-development as a therapist of the ayurvedic system of healthcare.
- The center envisage this certification to be a platform for further education and practice, which would eventually lead to be a diploma or degree holder of the ayurvedic system and get accredited to the association of ayurvedic practitioners at global ayurvedic bodies.
- Faculty for course are subject to change.
- Except for only a single student for the course, the course participants will be live dummy for the practical session.
Theory Syllabus for The Intensive Course in Ayurveda:
- Objectives of ayurveda
- Definition of health in ayurveda
- Eight specialities of ayurveda
- Basic and primordial elements of universe and the human body
- Three humours (doshas)
- Daily routine
- Seasonal routine
- Dhatus and malas
- Rasas (6 tastes)
- Introduction to Prakruti (body constitution)
- Diet, sleep and sex three pillars of life
- Natural urges
- Method of ayurvedic formulations
- Medicinal use of common herbs and spices
- Dietics in ayurveda
- Introduction to panchakarma
- Vaman - Induced Vomittiing
- Virechan - Induced Purgation
- Rasayan therapy - Enhancement of Immunity
- Vajikaran therapy - Aphrodiasc treatment
- Dhatusaratva - Nutrition of body tissues
Ayurvedic Beauty (Theory Syllabus):
- Definition of beauty
- Body and its appearances
- Ayurvedic approach to beauty and body maintenance
- Factors that affect beauty
- Protection of beauty
- Dark patch
- Stretch marks
- Hair packs
- Professional etiquette
- Social conducts
Practical Syllabus for the Intensive Course in Ayurveda.
Ayurvedic Beauty (Practical Syllabus).
- Oil and its types
- Shiroabhyanga - Head massage
- Padabhyanga- feet massage
- Katiabhyanga - Back massage
- Ayurvedic oil massage
- Powder massage
- Janu vasti, Hrid vasti, Kati vasti, Manya vasti
- Netra tarpan
- Rakta mokshan
- Basti - medicated enema
- Shirodhara - Decoction
- Shirodhara - milk
- Swedan (steam)
- Taap swed
- Ushna taap swed
- Nadi swed
- Steam box
- Leaf Khizi
- Powder Khizi
- Sand khizi
- Home remedies for beauty problem
- Skin packs
- Hair packs